Puzzled

ratssass

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is really a 2 part question.Maybe 3 parts.This past Tues.,my son and I shot a race using 4 different camera bodies.I've dumped all images into 1 folder.1 camera was shot in NEF,the rest in JPEG.When I try importing them into LR4,it only see those in NEF.While I understand the issue might be that some share the same file number (tho different,in being that some are NEF,and some RAW).However,that is not the case regarding,the rest shot in JPEG.It still only sees those in NEF.Any thoughts??
Also,to avoid duplicate file names in the future,any suggestion as to how anyone might set up the file naming structure in multiple bodies?

How I name mine: initials_camera_original # though I sometimes put a title instead of the original number.

cmw3_d40_4452.nef or .jpg
cmw3_n90_roses6.tif (film so it's scanned)
etc.

No idea on why LR didn't pick up on the jpegs, unless there's a filter or other setting. I can poke around (I have LR3)

Under Edit : Preferences, in the General tab (again, LR3) there is a check box labeled "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos." I'm not sure if that's it, but you might look to see that it is checked / turned on.

When shooting multiple bodies, I synchronize date and times and as much of the other characteristics as possible, except for naming.

thanks,lou.I think my issue is file naming in body (though it wouldn't surprise me if i'm wrong).Just find it strange that LR3 only sees the NEF files.....haven't been home to try Bears answer.Short of that,I guess I could dump them via LR3,and see what happens.

Just a follow up..........you had the answer,Snowbear.Thank you for the help. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back