Q: Canon Rebel exposure bracketing 35mm

dizzymizzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, this question is about the exposure bracketing in Canon EOS Rebel
35mm cameras.

I tried the exposure bracketing tonight on 35mm film +/-2. Through the viewfinder, it looked as if 3 photos were taken. However, the frame number did not advance -3. It only advanced -1. (For example, I had 24 frames available and did 3 exposure bracketing. After it looked like 3 photos were taken, the number displayed 23)

Will I still get three individual prints (normal, -2, and +2) after developing and three separate negatives?

Thanks,
Dizz

I don't think so. I could be wrong tho. What does your manual say about it?

Hi, this question is about the exposure bracketing in Canon EOS Rebel
35mm cameras.

I tried the exposure bracketing tonight on 35mm film +/-2. Through the viewfinder, it looked as if 3 photos were taken. However, the frame number did not advance -3. It only advanced -1. (For example, I had 24 frames available and did 3 exposure bracketing. After it looked like 3 photos were taken, the number displayed 23)

Will I still get three individual prints (normal, -2, and +2) after developing and three separate negatives?

Thanks,
Dizz

I think your camera is like my Rebel K2 3000v.

In my manual for Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), it says "With AEB, the camera automatically changes the exposure within the set range (up to +/-2 stops in 1/2-stop increments) for three successive frames."

It sounds like you may have used exposure compensation?

As I read on in the manual, if you are shooting in single shot mode, you will need to take 2 more pictures for the bracketing to be advanced.
If, however, you shoot in the film advance mode(icon with 3 squares offset of each other), you will only need to push the shutter release once.

Hope that helps, you have helped me understand my own camera a little better. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies, crosby. Indeed, our cameras are very similar. I believe yours is the newer version of mine.

I tried again and it worked this time. I probably confused it with the exposure compensation or multiple exposures per frame settings (I bet those look washed out!).

Anyhow, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I appreciate the advice.

Have you tried to scan those exposures to use in HDR manipulation?

Have you tried to scan those exposures to use in HDR manipulation?

No, I'm still learning and practicing taking pictures. Getting my composition and exposure correct, along with learning my camera, are the things I am working on.:blushing:

I hope to dive into the advanced photoshop later on.

Auto Exposure bracketing is a neat feature...but just like auto focus or auto exposure...it's pretty easy to just do it yourself.

You could use exposure compensation to change the exposure up or down for your successive shots....or you could put it into manual mode and adjust the exposure with either the shutter speed or aperture.

Most reactions

Back