Queen's View

lee_alkureishi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

pretty new to landscape photography, thought I'd start with something close to home... This is a pic of the Queen's View, overlooking Loch Lomond and Ben Lomond just outside of Glasgow.

I think the composition is ok, but I'm not sure what I could have done to improve the saturation (I actually like the desaturated look for this pic, but it would be nice to know how to avoid it when I choose)

Whaddya think, about the saturation and everything else? Be brutal :)

Leeko

25579QueensView_-_framed.jpg

hi lee!!!! welcome to the forums!!!!

great shot!!! i like the vastness of it!!! its impressive.

as far as the atmospheric haze...maybe a UV filter would do the trick?

md

nice shot, but perhaps a tweek of contrastand colour correction on photoshop might do the trick, just something to try, oh and welcome..

hope you do'nt mind me tweeking your image slighly, i've applied a touch of brightness and contrast, and then used the burn tool set at 14% exposure on the midtones, and then added more colour, hope you think it better, or just tell me to **ss off!....
25579QueensView_-_framed1.jpg

i used photoshops colour variations, along with the burn tool. This was just a quick sort of fix, with a bit more time and patience you could improve it further.glad you like it.

thanks!

I definitely need to spend a bit more time with photoshop :) although it would be nice to think i could get it right in-camera ;)

Leeko

Leeko, I always feel the same about my photos, but sometimes they just don't get in there like I feel they should be.
Unfortunately, I'm a total PS nerd and know next to nothing about it and understand very little of what people describe they did, though the outcome usually impresses me much! Like dalebe's job to your Loch Lomond pic...

... which was impressive, compositionally, from the off! :) Maybe my sister's right in suggesting we catch one of the cheap EasyJet flights up there for a weekend...

absolutely!

I've lived here my whole life, but never really appreciated how beautiful the landscape is, not 10 minutes drive from my door... Picked up photography a couple of months ago, and it's amazing how much clearer I see things around me now... Can't wait to explore some more (Scotland AND photoshop) :lol:

Leeko

Most reactions

New Topics

Back