quick sb-28 question

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by dirty1thirdee, Nov 30, 2007.

1. dirty1thirdee

dirty1thirdee TPF Noob!

Would an sb-28 non dx fry a D70s?

2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    no. All Nikon's Speedlights even all the way back to my SB-10 unit runs off a 6V trigger.

If you're ever in doubt check here: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html
    And if it's not listed use a mutlimetre to check the centre pin in relation to the ground tab (little tabs inside the indents on the bit which actually hold the flash in the hotshoe) And if it's more than 6V take caution.

3. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The SB-28 is a great flash that is perfectly safe on any Nikon SLR/DSLR as Garbz said. A quick note, it will not work TTL on the D70. You will be able to set it in standard auto mode and use it though. Not as accurate as TTL, but very serviceable.

4. dirty1thirdee

dirty1thirdee TPF Noob!

Ok great, thanks a lot for the help. I'm going to be primarily using it for off camera stuff, but I just wanted to make sure it would be ok if I ever needed to slap it on my camera.

5. XJBaylor

XJBaylor TPF Noob!

As the others said it will work great. I often use mine on camera to control some SB80's and 800's.

Keith

6. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure how you're triggering it but bear in mind for future note that the high voltages could potentially damage some wireless triggers too, AND also damage the camera via a PC Sync cord. Not just on the hotshoe.