Random acts of kindness

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
:heart: Recently I had a day filled with encounters from some of the sweetest and kindest people. One example from that day was that I was pulled over on the side of the rode and a man stopped to help. He not only helped but he spent the better part of an hour doing so. He did not leave me until everything was under control. He had his young son with him who was also very kind and quite patient as his father worked on my car. (did I mention it was 104 degrees outside?) Anyway, it was a extremely kind of them!!!

Do you have any stories of human kindness to share?

I once got stuck on an unplowed road while bringing my boys to my Moms house (she did our daycare for a few years). A wonderful couple helped me get unstuck and a friend from up the road came with his plow and made me a spot on the side of the road so that when the city plow came through my car wouldn't get hit. They then drove me to the house in their Surburban. I know they were late to work because of it, but I'll never forget their kindness. Now that we have a surburban we're getting the materials to tow cars should someone be stuck that we can help out.

graigdavis said:
Must be nice being a woman in those situations. :) Being a man, people throw stuff at you and yell as they go by.
It's probably just you, Graig. You have that gleam in your eye that makes people want to throw things. :razz:

Oh, I'm sorry. This is the random acts of kindness thread.....I got it confused with the random insults thread. :mrgreen:

terri said:
It's probably just you, Graig. You have that gleam in your eye that makes people want to throw things. :razz:

Is that what it is? I was on the road bike riding along, minding my own business. Next thing I know I get nailed with a slushy. The worst part was the guy wasted a blue raspberry slushy. Next worst part was I was blue.

I love your insults Terri. :)

graigdavis said:
Is that what it is? I was on the road bike riding along, minding my own business. Next thing I know I get nailed with a slushy. The worst part was the guy wasted a blue raspberry slushy. Next worst part was I was blue.

I love your insults Terri. :)
I know. :sexywink:

I think that had more to do with someone hating anyone on a bike. We bikers do get treated strangely by bike-haters. :hug::

ya, my life is full of random acts of kindness, its always good to reflect on them to appreciate that there are good people in the world.

my car broke down in the middle of south australia outback (200k's north of coober pedy), the head gasket blew, it was buggered. If been there there, you'll know how remote it is. 30 seconds later, 3 lories stopped by and towed us 60 k's north to the next watering hole.

The car was toast and i had no transportation, and we met another bloke who gave us a lift to Uluru, which is another 700k's north. There's alot more to the story than that, but its amazing how remarkable kindness of strangers can be.

(unfortunately i've aslo had hot coffee thrown at me from a passing vehicle before, i feel your pain graig)

I love winter time in MO I get the truck out and grab the tow strap and drive around just pulling people out. I GET TO GO 4x4 RIGHT OFF THE HIGHWAY and not get in trouble. On a more mature note, one x-mas it toke me like 4 hours to drive a 30 minute trip because every 1/2 mile there was someone stuck. It was just nice to see these people get on there way on such a special day when they thought there day was over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back