Random shots from my new T2i/550D, C & C welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had my new T2i about a month now and have finally started to figure it out. Got through the manual just this past weekend. On a bit of a sour note I think I picked up a couple of specs on my sensor. This is my first DSLR so I'm a bit concerned about removing them. It's been suggested to simply try using a blower on it, very gently. Any cleaning suggestions are very welcome.

April21-217-EDIT.jpg

CarwashNight-022-EDIT.jpg

StrathmoreGut-38-EDIT.jpg

Strathmore-33-EDIT.jpg

CarwashNight-031-EDIT.jpg

Wow, some very nice photos there. I like the third the most. Very nice shots. I dont see any spots..?

Wow, some very nice photos there. I like the third the most. Very nice shots. I don't see any spots..?

They are very small and almost undetectable. In certain shots they do show up. I've tried cleaning the lens and filter and still see them in my viewfinder when looking at a solid coloured wall. The thing is, the same spots have shown up in photos from different outings and I always clean my lens before I go out. Today I really investigated the lens for spots and it's, well, spotless. I haven't looked at the sensor yet, mostly because I'm afraid to. :)

Because of the nature of optics, if you are seeing spots on your images, then then are on the sensor, not on the lens. Your lens could literally have a thumbnail sized blacked out spot and it wouldn't show up in the frame.

get yourself a blower, there's nothing wrong with looking at your sensor, jus dont touch it.. use your lil blower (not.. compressed air, pick one up from a photo store) set the camera to sensor cleaning mode, and blow up in there with the sensor facing down

If you see them through your viewfinder, as you say, that wouldn't be the sensor.

If you see them through your viewfinder, as you say, that wouldn't be the sensor.

Bingo. Nice catch btw, Bitter. I was going to assume it was the sensor just like everybody until reading your post.

Also, very nice pictures OP! They look fantastic!

To see if you have sensor dust, set your camera aperture to the smallest (larger number i.e. f/22). Point it at the sky and take a photo. If you have sensor dust, if should show on the photo.

If you see the dust while you are looking through the viewfinder, the dust maybe on the mirror which will not affect the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back