Rare Soldier Crab "Family Portrait"

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This family of Soldier Crabs came back for a look at what I was doing laying flat on my belly. They bolted at first and I lay perfectly still and they wandered back over to see what I was up to and I managed to snap this pic of them about 20cm from the lens on a Pana DMC FZ30 before I had to move and they took off again!! I think they came back because I was laying on their temporary home in the sand at low tide!!

soldiers.jpg

Awesome! Imagine how horrible this sight is if your a little sand yummie. :)

RUN! :)

:thumbup::thumbup: Nicely captured. I really like it. Kinda creepy cool at the same time.

Sort of reminds me of a scene from a video game. :lol::lol:

Love it! Great pov. But all those little beady eyes looking your way is a wee bit creepy. These little guys do indeed look like 'villains' from various animated movies, like Monsters Inc. etc

Awww their so cute! :mrgreen:

Great photo!

This is nice. I just like them. Look at their eyes put to the TOP of their heads! Great! I would have let them get this close, too. Easily. For a photo like this? Always!

Thanks for all the great comments, had a good laugh, they are completely harmless(unless you are a yummie) and only measure 1-2cm tall. Their eyes are amazing and I agree, "monsters inc"lol. Thanks heaps.
They are like an army and you can see the next wave of soldiers behind them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back