Ray Thomas - One of Moody Blues Founders Passes

pendennis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got more bad news from the world of rock 'n' roll this evening.

Ray Thomas, the flautist and vocalist from the Moody Blues, passed away Thursday. No cause of death has been given, but he admitted to having cancer a few years ago.

They were/are my favorite rock group of all time. I first heard them in 1965, and have really loved their music since. They pioneered the use of symphony orchestras with their music, and made "Nights In White Satin" a huge success. His vocals were a basic part of their harmony.

One of the greatest sins of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, was their obstinance in not inducting the Moody Blues until this coming April. It's a shame Mr. Thomas won't be there. He will be missed.

Ray Thomas, Moody Blues Flautist and Founding Member, Dead at 76

That's sad :(

I spent many hours as a child stealing borrowing my sister's Moody Blues albums and listening to them on my other sister's stereo. I would sit on the floor and just close my eyes to listen. They were always a closed-eyes sort of band. No so great for driving music ;)

Last edited:
Love them! My older brother absolutely is a life long fan. He goes to numerous concerts on their tours.
Yup, truly will be missed.
Thanks for the music Ray, RIP

Most reactions

New Topics

Back