Recommendation for a high-end tripod?

Bokeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tracymilburn.com
I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation on a high-end tripod for portraiture. The one I have is a cheapy, and I'm not sure if I should get one with a gel-head, etc. thanks

Ryan Gracie said:
Ok, let me post a range: somewhere in the $75-200 range.. thanks
Bogen 2021 with either a quick release head. Whether you get a ball head or pan/tilt head is entirely up to your personal taste. That'll be in the $200 range and worth every penny.

I'll second Voodoo on this. Bogen-Manfrotto makes great tripods, very sturdy and great for 35mm/MF formats.

Manfrotto! I'd forgotten about those. Yes - they are very good. They come between Gitzo and Slik. Check them out.

Yup I'm gonna jump on the Bogen-Manfrottor bandwagon as well, I have a set of 3001 legs and soon (its in transit) a 3030 head! Great combo for 35mm and MF work.

Hope this helps...

Zach :D

Same here, manfrotto all the way. I have the 190CL with a manfrotto ball head. Good setup.

voodoocat said:
Bogen 2021 with either a quick release head. Whether you get a ball head or pan/tilt head is entirely up to your personal taste. That'll be in the $200 range and worth every penny.

Manfrotto, is that Froto's boyfriend? j/k

thanks for the recommendation, checking ebay now...

aggiezach said:
Yup I'm gonna jump on the Bogen-Manfrottor bandwagon as well, I have a set of 3001 legs and soon (its in transit) a 3030 head! Great combo for 35mm and MF work.

Hope this helps...

Zach :D

i got a set of 3001 legs and a 3126 pan head.. i love it... cool thing is, i got it at a pawn shop for 20 bux :shock: and its in like perfect condition (and the guy was a moron :p)

ww.amvona.com
i bought my tripod from them, its a bobo brand but its a strong tripod, i use it for med format, and its good.

Most reactions

Back