Hello and a question

pbcbfaphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! An "Old Fart" still photographing after almost 50 years now. I also have a question on equipment. Recently acquired a new head for one of my tripods, the head is a Benro head and my question is: Has anyone else found that any or one in particular head, mine is an HD2A 3 way head with the standard Arca type mount, does not accept Sunwayfoto L-brackets? Mine won't even slide into the mount whereas all my other heads take the L-brackets just fine. Still waiting to hear from Benro by the way.

Welcome to TPF! :) We're glad to see you on board.

Your question is very specific, so I'm going to move your post to a hopefully more appropriate forum where you might get some feedback.

Keep posting and have fun!

Thank you very much Terri! 🙏 Namaste & Happy Halloween.

Hello everyone! An "Old Fart" still photographing after almost 50 years now. I also have a question on equipment. Recently acquired a new head for one of my tripods, the head is a Benro head and my question is: Has anyone else found that any or one in particular head, mine is an HD2A 3 way head with the standard Arca type mount, does not accept Sunwayfoto L-brackets? Mine won't even slide into the mount whereas all my other heads take the L-brackets just fine. Still waiting to hear from Benro by the way.
There seems to be no set Arca Swiss standard - there are variations in the dovetails, safety pins, plates, &c. The "AS slot" on my Smith-Victor B-8-B ball head will not accept the "AS foot" of my Schneider T/S lens, so I use the quick-release plate that came with the ball head.

Thanks! Generally I've found with the majority of clamping systems that are AS, there's a lot of slop in them but Benro seems to be at least 1mm narrower across the width, meaning even if one dovetail edge is engaged and the clamp is fully released, the plate will still not fit into the non-dovetail part of the base, hence my rising ire with Benro the other day. Problem sorted though! I replaced the Benro head with another manufacturer and all my Sunwayfoto, Leofoto, Really Right Stuff, Neewer etc. plates and rails fit without a problem. Having a bunch of accessories and tripods, the last thing I wanted was to have ONLY one that a bunch of my stuff wouldn't fit!

Thanks! Generally I've found with the majority of clamping systems that are AS, there's a lot of slop in them but Benro seems to be at least 1mm narrower across the width, meaning even if one dovetail edge is engaged and the clamp is fully released, the plate will still not fit into the non-dovetail part of the base, hence my rising ire with Benro the other day. Problem sorted though! I replaced the Benro head with another manufacturer and all my Sunwayfoto, Leofoto, Really Right Stuff, Neewer etc. plates and rails fit without a problem. Having a bunch of accessories and tripods, the last thing I wanted was to have ONLY one that a bunch of my stuff wouldn't fit!
Thanks for the feedback - it's always good to hear when a problem has been solved!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back