Red Shouldered Hawk

I think I shot that same fella out at Payne's Prarie a few weeks back...wel, may have been his cousin. :) Perhaps a slightly tighter crop and a bit of a levels adjustment?

$hawk.jpg

Love it, but I would crop out the left side a bit. The levels seem okay with me, imo.

I think I shot that same fella out at Payne's Prarie a few weeks back...wel, may have been his cousin. :) Perhaps a slightly tighter crop and a bit of a levels adjustment?

View attachment 42821

For a second there, I thought ceeboy was posting HIS picture of a red-shouldered hawk, and I thought, "WOW, that is CREEPY--they must have taken a picture of the SAME hawk in the SAME tree..." :lmao:

Oh dear goodness, I need more coffee. :D

Nice photo, OP--hawks still largely elude me. I've got dozens of pictures of them, but can't seem to get a decent one. Yesterday, though, I watched an epic battle between three hawks, two crows and a vulture--I'm hoping against hope that maybe one of those has finally gotten me a decent photo.
I do agree that it could stand to be cropped in from the left, if the image quality can take more cropping. With the bird looking towards the right, that space to the left is just extraneous.

Nice capture! ceeboys crop works well. :)

Thanks for the info. I took your advise and cropped the photo. Looks better. I also did a very slight sharpening on the head. I think I will go with that.
Walter

Most reactions

Back