Red Stairway

BLS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was bored waiting in the doctor's office for my husband to finish his appointment. So I went outside and walked around the complex of medical buildings. I saw this staircase and grabbed my camera. Is it too boring?

Red-Stairs_0437.jpg

Nice colors!

I think the stairs are playing tricks on me. It looks like the picture is lopsided, but looking at the top and bottom edge, it is'nt. i think it's probably because you were angling the camera up a bit? i think if you really want to nail it, go back with tripod and shoot it level with a wider lens, and then crop out what you don't want.

it does have a slight lean to the right, but not a lot. nice shot and not boring at all! great color!

It has a lean to the left?
My eyes must be crossed then, or what? Can't see it!
And I can't see anything boring here, either.
No, it is not boring at all. This staircase, brightly red as it is, would have caught my eye, too. Only wouldn't I have been able to frame it so well, I think. Mine would be positively crooked...

i dont think its boring. I think fadi is right, if you could have been more level with the stairs rather than slightly looking up at it, it would have looked better.

I think it has good potential, you should good back and shoot it again :)

Beautiful! I love the photo's graphic quality. The light is hitting the stairs just right. The shadows are equally as interesting. What made you think the shot was boring?

Thanks for the comments. The next time I go there I'll reshoot the stairs.

Let's see ... I have to get the camera higher and I'm only 5'3" tall, so does that mean I have to stand on something? Wonder what that will be.

Well, if you don't have anything to stand on, you can cheat a little with the perspective. Stand back a little further than before, and hold the camera straight and level. That should help.

nope it is not boring :) it's interesting... it's red and catches my attention here :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back