Reflector quality?

Unless you are buying top end I have found they are all about the same, and that is fine.

you know what works great... car sun reflectors... thats what i use.. and it cost me about 4 bucks... it works great

Nice!

Maybe I'll do that instead of covering pieces of cardboard with aluminum foil. Probably about the same price.

One of these days I should make a list of photography gear I've ghetto-rigged from Wal-Mart.

you know what works great... car sun reflectors... thats what i use.. and it cost me about 4 bucks... it works great

I got two of mine for a buck at a dollar store. I think they could be mounted on an old satellite dish or pizza cardboard? DIY reflectors, way to go Chris.

i Love DIY!!! my last project was this

20081014-fqqti65edu534ycyde5h6d2kqf.jpg

and here is my next rainy day project:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC9SlWkL4L4[/ame]

I agree with the trend and comments here. It's the method/technique that is so good - product quality is pretty insignificant.

Thanks, I have been useing a car visor but figured I might as well get the real thing, I like the idea of haveing 5 different types I can choose from. Again thanks...Oh and I love that umbrella!:)

While I agree the car reflectors work wel (I used them for a while) the translucent white center is worth the extra money, it creates a nice open shade/diffusion look, this is very handy then shooting people and you need to add a bit of shade or tone down a light a bit.

While I agree the car reflectors work wel (I used them for a while) the translucent white center is worth the extra money, it creates a nice open shade/diffusion look, this is very handy then shooting people and you need to add a bit of shade or tone down a light a bit.

+1

Agree :) Plus the gold reflector give a warmer feel as well.

It really depends on what you are going to use it for and how much you will use it. If you are only going to use the gold or silver reflector part than a car sun reflector will work fine. If you are going to use it a lot then a better will last longer (that is at least my experience however it could have been the luck of the draw). The translucent center is nice to create soft wrapping light on sunnier days. B&H has them for even less money if that is a concern http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/358608-REG/Impact_R1142_5_in_1_Reflector_Disc_.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back