"Resilience, Perseverance, 1776... "

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
untitled-52-Edit-2.jpg

The Sphere is a large metallic sculpture by German sculptor Fritz Koenig that once stood in the middle of Austin J. Tobin Plaza, the area between the World Trade Center towers in Manhattan. After being recovered from the rubble after the September 11 attacks in 2001, the artwork faced an uncertain fate, and it was dismantled into its components. Although it remained structurally intact, it had been visibly damaged by debris from the airliners that were crashed into the buildings and from the collapses.

Six months after the attacks, following a documentary film about the sculpture, it was relocated to Battery Park on a temporary basis—without any repairs—and formally rededicated with an eternal flame as a memorial to the victims. It has become a major tourist attraction, due partly to the fact that it survived with only dents and holes. On the evening of August 16, 2017, the Port Authority permanently relocated the sculpture to Liberty Park, overlooking its original location. (Wikipedia)

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Was this an HDR shot? I like the composition but there's a very noticeable halo around the sculpture, looks like what happens sometimes with HDR. I like the sharpness/range on the sculpture but on the buildings, particularly the brown one on the left, it makes them look dirty.

Was this an HDR shot? I like the composition but there's a very noticeable halo around the sculpture, looks like what happens sometimes with HDR. I like the sharpness/range on the sculpture but on the buildings, particularly the brown one on the left, it makes them look dirty.

Upon further review, I agree with you 100%! So I reprocessed, please tell me what you think now? (By the way that halo was bothering me too & no it is not an HDR shot...)

untitled-52-Edit-2-Edit-1.jpg

Thank You In Advance!

Enezdez

Last edited:
I like this one better. I would bring down the yellow levels a bit, though. It brings out the gold on the sculpture but it also makes the grass in the foreground look dead. If you're in Lightroom, try a graduated filter on the area with the grass and turn down the yellow and bring up the green.

I like this one better. I would bring down the yellow levels a bit, though. It brings out the gold on the sculpture but it also makes the grass in the foreground look dead. If you're in Lightroom, try a graduated filter on the area with the grass and turn down the yellow and bring up the green.

Thanks for your help, you have broaden my experiences with LR.

untitled-52-Edit-2-Edit-3.jpg

I still wish, i could of brought down the yellow just a bit more - but this was the best I was able to do.

So what do you think?

Thanks In Advance,

Enezdez

Last edited:
I liked the first minus the halo, and the yellow grass. Are you doing global adjustments using the sliders??? If you are go to the HSL box. click on hue, then on the little slider button top left corner. The slider icon will move with your cursor.Place it in the area you want to adjust color, click and hold on the slider icon, and slide up or down to selectively adjust the color.

1111.JPG

Last edited:
I liked the first minus the halo, and the yellow grass. Are you doing global adjustments using the sliders??? If you are go to the HSL box. click on hue, then on the little slider button top left corner. The slider icon will move with your cursor.Place it in the area you want to adjust color, click and hold on the slider icon, and slide up or down to selectively adjust the color.

View attachment 147924

Will try thanks!

View attachment 147924

untitled-52-Edit-2-Edit-5.jpg

Thanks for all you help!!!

Enezdez

You have a really great image, but you seem to be overthinking it. The gradient applied to the sky looks odd and out of place. Sky is never one color, there are variations, clouds, etc. In your original it looks like the sky was originally a light blue (the little sliver between buildings). My suggestion would be to go back to square one, drop the sky modification, and adjust the yellow. If you'd like someone to take a crack at it, then you will need to change your profile to reflect photos okay to edit.

Most reactions

Back