Rest area

If they're blank ... I find that rather odd.
Hm... In the best case scenario 20 years old camera... Horizontal run fabric shutter... Probably made in Hong-Kong or China if it is a late model. Problems may always show up. However I have a couple of it, one early, made in Japan and second of Hong-Kong, both work just fine...
Lets wait for more info ...

@timor , I noticed a small slice in the roll on both sides down the majority of the roll. I know now the film slipped. It is my fault, as usual. I really was trying to avoid a graphite lubrication on the film advance mechanism... I knew better. Tore it down and re-did it. It appears that this film is pretty thin in reality and in the fact I did not graphite the winding mechanism, proves that if you want to venture into creative film, get your **** together.

Please be patient with me, I am not quite following you. What do you mean by "small slice in the roll" ? What is this "slice" ? A cut ? Cut along the film close to top and bottom edge ?
And what might be the problem with graphite lubricant ? What did you tear down ?

No worries. Got it sorted.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

:allteeth: I worry about my communication skills. You described something and I don't get it. It is me. You know, English is not my native speech. Right now I am doing this :BangHead:. :allteeth:.

:allteeth: I worry about my communication skills. You described something and I don't get it. It is me. You know, English is not my native speech. Right now I am doing this :BangHead:. :allteeth:.
The film sprocket holes had a slice in them after the first few exposures. Loaded a practice roll and it advanced fine. Hopefully the other 4 rolls are OK. I'll just check tension on the other 4 as I go.

And the sprocket holes display this slice along the length of the film ? If so it means that they stopped. Film advance worked, dragging the film over the sprockets, but the shutter was never cocked. Is this, what you think ?

Sounds right. First few grabbed correctly, rest never made it. I recall the tension wasn't right on rewind, only tight for a few turn then got loose. Never really thought to check if the rewind knob was spinning after the first exposure. I usually look for that when advancing to the #1 exposure and kind of forget about it after that. It was a perfect, clean slice down the both sides, not sure how that happened. Oh well, it's sorted now and I know what to look for. I was worried I did something wrong putting the K1000 back together but apparently not. I called the company and they said they would send me new rolls and I told them I would try and shoot another roll first. I loaded a roll up last night and so far it seems fine. I took a few pics this morning and seems to be fine.

OK. Seems alright now.

Most reactions

Back