Rose for the holiday I don't like

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Yeah, even though my wife and I are not big fans of valentine's day, there are certain traditions ya know!

Here's a shot of a rose I got a few months back.

IMG_5512_edited_RS.jpg

lovely rose, the hubby and i arent fans of valentine's day either ... i'll be dammed if he treated me nice and bought me flowers once a yr :x

That shot would be perfect on a Valentines card or a box of candy.

That is a deeply rich red!!! The wife and I had our first date on valentine's
If it wasn't for that I would say that the holiday was created by those clowns at Hallmark cards.

my goodness, what a buncha cynics! what could be so bad about a day dedicated to love?
:::ducks in case anything is thrown his way:::

anyway, once again, real nice macro. you gonna tell me this was done with natural light, too? :)

btw- great saturation; was this increased post process or is this raw? (i know, that's kinda like asking a woman her age- feel free not to answer!)

Closest I'll get to a rose this year - but that's ok.... We're not much into Valentine's either - and we'd do the chocolate way before the flowers .... This is quite the lovely shot, the depth is captivating.

Love this shot. My hubby and I dont really do much buying for Valentines day, we usually just play strip Kabunc (dice Game) and have mad sex after...after all, we are still newly weds (10 yrs)....

soulfly said:
Love this shot. My hubby and I dont really do much buying for Valentines day, we usually just play strip Kabunc (dice Game) and have mad sex after...after all, we are still newly weds (10 yrs)....

Wow, i thought my day was gonna be interesting...

md

Osmer_Toby said:
my goodness, what a buncha cynics! what could be so bad about a day dedicated to love?
:::ducks in case anything is thrown his way:::

anyway, once again, real nice macro. you gonna tell me this was done with natural light, too? :)

btw- great saturation; was this increased post process or is this raw? (i know, that's kinda like asking a woman her age- feel free not to answer!)

Yup, natural light on this one as well. I'd say probably 90% of that color is straight from the camera. If I remember right, I boosted the contrast a wee bit, and barely touched the saturation. Love my 300D!! :D :D :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back