Russian Mother Takes Magical Pictures of Her Two Kids With Animals On Her Farm

Hey I'm not here to argue. But if you look up the shots in Flickr she groups them in natural and available light groups. At least the ones I have checked...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkllexdd xlx

I didn't see the Flickr page so I'll have to look at it.

Impressive ! This "Russian Mother" is a full fledged professional with extensive art and digital photography training. She is not average Russian mother. :lol: She is great digital artist, someone to watch in the near future.

I read that as well but supposedly she has been only doing photography for about a year.
Do you know, that in Russia to qualify as an artist (on this level) you have to have full education and certification ? So, this is one year out of school. Or is this one year with professional DSLR.

She does not need anything to "qualify as an artist in Russia" these days. :lol:
She is an architect, graduated from Moscow Architecture Institute. This is an academic institution, that means 5 years of a rather broad and intensive education, including art, history of art, design etc. It involves a lot of drawing , painting etc. So she must be well versed in formal things like Bauhaus principles and aestetic, composition, color, shapes, contrasts, perspective, space organisation, landscaping and forms. As for digital photography, I could not find any traces of intensive training. She bought her first camera in 2012, as she says. Re photography itself it looks like she was completely self taught, just a mother of two sitting home with her kids. And her portfolio is quite small for a serious portraiture pro. Very few images outside her own kids. But the speed of her progressing from simply good shots, that would be praised on this forum, to her later work, that is verging on art, is just staggering. She is claiming that photography became her second profession. She has her own kids photographer blog and a Facebook page that states she is a professional photographer. From what I see she is just trying to promote herself, having realised the potential of her work. Nevertheless, she is not a typical farmer, but a pretty typical affluent Moscovite. Just way more talented than most.

Last edited:
huh... I feel better now :)

One year with DSLR
Notice her seamless use of fill in flash. Most of the shots are made against the sun, yet her shadows are well exposed. This is systematic. The magic of this pictures lays in bright "corona" around subjects. It's perfect, perfect for mood setting. Observe the situation also, most shots have nostalgic mood, this kid never smiles. She is very good in observation, but also may be a master of creating sets.

The kid is Russian. Of course he never smiles.

Well I looked at a bunch of her exif data on Flickr and saw no signs of flash. She shoots wide open. With fast shutter speeds. Also her photos are in flickr groups such as "natural light photography"

looks like most her shots are sunrise/sunset as well.

sashbar;3139650 She does not need anything to "qualify as an artist in Russia" these days. :lol: She is an architect said:
Thanks Sashbar, good info. So I was right about her extensive art training in a very renown institution.
Well her name we should remember. As for me I would wonder, when she will wander outside this current subject.

I would like to see a shot before all the photoshop work, does nothing for me over processed

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I think they're really great finished photos, but I do think there is a lot of Photoshop going on such as adding fog and superimposing ripples into the water. What's depressing (as a photographer) is that she began taking photos in 2012...apparently.

Plus, I imagine a Russian farm is probably really conducive to taking photos. Ha.

Last edited:
I think they're really great finished photos, but I do think there is a lot of Photoshop going on such as adding fog and superimposing ripples into the water.
Anything to make a good impression. But this is nicely done.

What's depressing (as a photographer) is that she began taking photos in 2012...apparently.
I am afraid, that in today's environment, when you can find thousands of smashing portfolios on the net, smashing portfolio is not enough. A good legend is also needed, something dramatic to grab the heart of the public. I didn't see her own website at this moment, but what I see, it looks like a systematic campaign to get known. People like to watch and talk about "miracles" (like we here), they always hope one will happen to them. (How many people play Lotto ? :lol:).

I keep looking at this lades photos and I keep saying WOW. What ever techniques she does, what ever amount of photoshop she does its some of the cleanest I have seen.

All I can say is WOW!

WOW by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Such nice pictures I have posted it to my FB page as I would like my friends to see it!

I thought they were very nice as well. Some folk seem to be concerned about the use of photoshop but I think the effect is pretty good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back