Ruthless Critique Required

Tkraz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pesfan.com
I took this image as a favour for a relative and whilst I feel I could reshoot it, is there anything salvagable from this? I had a go in Photoshop and got it to a reasonable point but cant help but feel someone out there might be able to send some tips my way. Feel free to edit it to make a point if necessary!

Also if someone could help by saying what they think I may have done wrong initially, I would be massively grateful.

Higher res version : http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7103/img5060nd3.jpg

its blurry.

but the composition is good, i almost always like a diagonal slope in a photo.

Yeah the blurry thing is the main downfall, just find it hard to look at it objectively now. Anything else particularly wrong with it?

Cheers.

Also any tips as to how to remove some of the blur, or mask it? Will have to reshoot I feel, but kids arent easy to work with!

i would most definatly reshoot this, and there seems to be a haze or somthing towards the top.

its not very sharp . . . thats what gets me most.

you can try sharpening it via:

go to lab mode, select brightness and use smart sharpen, or even unsharp mask with 60 radius and adjust percentage . . . since you can show us all a small version it doesn't need to be terribly sharp. you might could fix it

To be ruthless,

NOPE. Nothing can be salvaged on this photo.

But the location is great. And if the girl wears something nicer and you manage get sharp results, they could be very very good. Very nice location you found there.

wait till there is an overcast, use a lens hood, or a natural density filter to keep from the haze and flare. Then try and use a tripod or monopod for stability without blur.

. . . it till there is? wtf?

you must have gone to a GA public school!

zing!

just kidding

you caught it in the first 4 seconds of me posting that. That was actually my computer lagging and dropping the "wa" in "wait". And yes, I am IN GA public school.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back