Sakura in Iwakuni

BrickHouse

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Sakura (Cherry Blossom) season was apparently very short this year as the peak of bloom occurred about 3 days before a set of rain storms rolled through knocking the petals off. Did manage to catch a couple quick images after work one night and thought I'd share them. If you ever get the opportunity to see a Japanese Sakura season and the festivals they hold, it won't disappoint!

1)
DSC_0076 by Navy doc, on Flickr

2)
DSC_0071 by Navy doc, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

It could be Ume. The seasons overlap. I don't know. I have hard enough time finding the bathroom here.

Nice shots; very pretty.

The only festival I've been to is the one in Philadelphia. Awesome time!

Thanks! I've heard that the one in DC is pretty nice too.

Brick is in Japan, I think they're pretty sure of their Sakura. Come to my house when the bloom and it's just as purtty.

There are 3 or 4 festivals within 30 minutes of here. One awesome one has about 1km lined with trees, on windy days it looks like it's snowing. The festivals in Japan are a lot more intese and fun. Awesome photos!

Unless you saturated your photo, is the first one a kawazuzakura? They're not fluff enough to be kanzan. I'd love to have a few of those, but my peach trees produce very similar flowers.

Oh I haven't commented on the photos. Beautiful bokeh! This is from your d750, no?

I think all I did was warm them up a bit since these were shot on an overcast day. Sometimes the trees are labeled (albeit in kanji). Next time I'm at this park I'll have to look and see if I can find a label. I bet the peach blossoms are fragrant.

Oh I haven't commented on the photos. Beautiful bokeh! This is from your d750, no?

Actually no. Still my d3200. Still haven't made it outside with the d750. The weather has been rough the last 2 weeks. We had a nice taste of spring and then bam, right back to winter.

Actually no. Still my d3200. Still haven't made it outside with the d750. The weather has been rough the last 2 weeks. We had a nice taste of spring and then bam, right back to winter.

Goes to show your camera model doesn't mean much all that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back