San Diego-Balboa Park....

Altaholic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wandered around the park for a bit on Saturday morning.

1) Probably the most photographed feature in the park. Figured I might as well also. :mrgreen:
reflectingpool.jpg

20mm 1/60s f/8 ISO200

2)Not happy with the signs in the shot, but like that you can still see the moon.
belltower.jpg

40mm 1/250s f/10 ISO200

3)Needs more DOF.
elprado.jpg

17mm 1/100s f/4 ISO200

C+C most welcome.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Glenn

Whoa Glenn, you do have some wonderful weather where you are! :shock:

Well, as to the first of the most photographed feature of Balboa Park ... I think I'd have tried to either clear and fully include the two palm trees within my frame, or to frame it so they no longer are of importance to the composition at all (i.e. cropping in from above). The cropping suggestion is easiest done, for the other you would have had to step further back, I assume, or planned to take a vertical photo from the start.

If the second were mine, I'd be over the moon about the moon, too, I am sure, but I'd also give that one a crop, a big one here, losing all of what is on the left, as it is totally unimportant, you want our attention on the church and the moon, don't you? And then crop in from above (this amoung of sky is not needed, either). You might lose your ratios ... would totally square work then? Hmph ... don't know. Personally, I am not too fond of square pics, but...

And I simply like Photo 3. I don't mind the short DOF and beginning blur the further we look into those arcades. Though ... well, more depth would be nice :scratch:..........

i really like the perspective in #3...i wouldnt change much

Thanks for the suggestions LaFoto. Looks like I am going to have to go back and try some more. :D I hadnt even thought of shooting the first one in vertical. This is actually an appealing idea. Back up and shoot in vertical, should allow me to get all of the water and provide better composition. Might not be able to duplicate the moon in the second shot again, but there are other angles of this building that I want to try anyway.

As a side note, definitely looking forward to this: Annie Leibovitz exhibit

SH and Agolf, thanks for looking. :)

Glenn

Most reactions

New Topics

Back