Savanna sparrow.

matt-l

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
some more time in the back yard turner up some fearless Savanna Sparrows(really, i could run,stomping my feet near these guys and they wouldn't spook off)

1/
IMG_0556.jpg

2/
IMG_0557.jpg

3/
IMG_0558.jpg

4/
IMG_0553.jpg

5/
IMG_0546.jpg

Not too bad, there. I am guessing that these pics are hand held. You could benefit using a tripod to steady out your focus.

BTW, those are House Sparrows, and they are usually quite fearless, so even if they take off at the site of a person & tripod, they usually come back around pretty quick as long as you remain fairly still.

Savannah Sparrow:

Savannah.jpg

i see...thank you for clearing that up, also, i was going to use a tripod, but they were fast, flying all around the place, so hand-held was a better option for me.

thanks!

Yes, they are very quick & they usually don't stay in one place for very long.
A little bit of a tip for these guys. Buy yourself an inexpensive birdfeeder, and set it within about 8' to 10' of a tree or fence. You will notice that, after some patient observation, some of the birds like to sit in the same spot everytime while waiting for an opening at the feeder. Set up your camera and take a couple of test shots at that location to ensure proper exposure, and when the bird lands back there again....click. I have taken many great bird shots this way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back