Saved!

Thanks so much for your help, I have the c-3 thats the duotone tan and black (the harry potter camera :lol: ) - the leatherette is in really good condition all things considered, its just that where the knobs and dials are on the top theres some gunk and dirt around thats being too stubborn. I think I might be being too wussy about cleaning it is all ;).

Once I get her all fixed up ill post some pics.

I think I'll hit the salvation army or goodwill for some beater cameras to experiment with before I try to fix grandpa's:mrgreen:. But once I get the things together, I'll be back at this thread.

Love these old cameras. Quality pieces of machinery. I've been buying and selling on ebay for awhile. Here's my best find to date....from my sister's closet!! An ex-boyfriend gave it to her.

I try to clean them up as best I can but have yet to really dismantle one...would like to try tho. Some of them are hard to part with; they're just so well made.

cost: $0
sold for: $580 CDN

exakta2.jpg

Wow! An Exakta VP, the Night Exakta in Chrome variation!!! That's an awesome baby! I am salivating as I type...:drool: :hail:

Mitica100 said:
Wow! An Exakta VP, the Night Exakta in Chrome variation!!! That's an awesome baby! I am salivating as I type...:drool: :hail:

you really know your cameras! took me a load of research to ID this one exactly.

JonK said:
you really know your cameras! took me a load of research to ID this one exactly.

Thanks, I've been studying cameras for over 20 years now. :)

Anytime you need more info on cameras like that, I'll be here, just post or fire a PM.

And yes, I am genuinely interested in owning one of the Exaktas, the very fist model (1933). But... Since that requires patience and $$$, I'll have to wait a little longer. I'm good on patience...:lol:

JonK said:

You Sir, are a baaaaad influence on me! :lol:

Just landed an Exakta B:

ce_1.JPG

hehe...set you back a few bux? :D

here's the one i sold with original green filter

exa.jpg

hmmm... I had posted this pic before...was recently cleaning out my photobucket and deleted it...well here it is again:)

JonK said:
hehe...set you back a few bux? :D

Yeah, wasn't bad. Camera is working well, just one little spring from the waist level finder is broken. That's easily replaceable, I have hundreds of small springs of all shapes.

They are awesome, aren't they? :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back