Scenic Overlook

TPOL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this last week, it was very windy and cold..handheld...still have no idea what im doing when i try to edit..so this is straight from the camera...what do you think...and advice or critique is appreciated.
OTE
Thanks.
L.

scenicoverlook.jpg

edit (attempt) must try again...photobucket resized

scenicoverlookredone.jpg

What a beautiful view! I can see why you'd want to capture this area. :)

The image looks a little flat, so you might try a little contrast. This might, unfortunately, cause more of your shadow detail to darken, so you could also play with the shadow/highlights to try to bring that out a little.

A polarizing filter might have given you a richer blue sky. Try it next time. It's always tricky when you have large areas of shadow and sun, so remember to try several exposures, be patient between the clouds, and bracket. Hope you shoot some more here, it's lovely.

thanks for the advice terri...haven't tried it out yet but I will.. will edit post to add photo edit when i try it..unfortunatly this overlook is not so close to where i live, so i'm not sure when i will be able to go back...

just thought i would post another pic from the same overlook..and the edit that i tried.

original

scenicoverlook2.jpg

my edit..how'd i do?

scenicoverlook2redo.jpg

Nice shots. Were these taken in Tidioute PA? They look like the view from the Tidioute over look, which is only a few minutes from where I live.

Once suggestion for you would be to use a ND Graduated filter. Think of it a half a pair of sunglasses for your lens. It would allow you to darken the sky a bit, and keep the exposure right on for the bottom half.

I like quite a bit what you did to the original of your second photo presented here! And I like the view that you captured in that one!
It was a hazy day, wasn't it?

The first looks like the Rhine Valley ... ;)

Wally said:
Nice shots. Were these taken in Tidioute PA? They look like the view from the Tidioute over look, which is only a few minutes from where I live.

Once suggestion for you would be to use a ND Graduated filter. Think of it a half a pair of sunglasses for your lens. It would allow you to darken the sky a bit, and keep the exposure right on for the bottom half.

These were taken at the Wyalusing Rocks, Marie Antoinette Overlook in Wyalusing PA, and yes LaFoto, it was hazy, and windy...the i was sitting on the fence that stops you from rolling down the bank, and the gusts were so strong i was afraid i was going to fall.

And thanks all for looking and commenting, I have to play with these shots some more!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back