seasonal irony?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by peace_the_dragon, Aug 23, 2005.

1. peace_the_dragon

peace_the_dragon TPF Noob!

im starting a project which will go on through out the 4 seasons. i am concentrating on irony of the 4 seasons starting with summer i am putting together ideas relating with irony that occur in each season. anyone got any mind blowing ideas?

thanks

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Just a thought:

Do a quadtych with a seasonal picture, bluebells in the forest for spring, palm tree on the beach for summer, the falling leaves for autumn and snow for winter.

Then comes the ironic bit: Label each one with the opposite label i.e. Beach for Winter, Fall for Spring etc. Get pictures of four places where the weather is not what you'd associate with the season - bondai beach in winter for example, antarctica in summer. That's pretty ironic.

Rob

3. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

Are you looking at nature or people or .........? and where are you, that might get you some ideas. You could make a very strong social commentary with the homeless.

4. peace_the_dragon

peace_the_dragon TPF Noob!

based in london. im looking more at nature but am open to photographing people too. problem being not much nature in london
    have been focusing of reflection of summer in rain