Self promotion idea

judson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am thinking about something and would like some feed back. I am trying some self promotion efforts. I have been involved in local politics for a number of years, and we are hitting the high season for politics now. I was thinking about buying a dye-sub printer and offering to do event photos at some local political events. These are some of the higher end fundraisers, where those who pony up the extra coin get the private reception with who ever the political star is.

Many of my friends, who are political junkies, collect those "trophy photos" that show them with the governor, senator, congressman, etc. I was considering offering to either do it for free or to offer it as an ad on for an extra charge for those interested, and the party and I would split the money. Along with that, I would have some of my cards, brochures and other advertising materials. My thoughts are that people who will spend $1000 for dinner and to meet a politician are going to have money for portraits, weddings, etc.

Has anyone else tried something like that? Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks!

Well i would think you would need a fair number of connections. Taking random snaps at some local event is cool, but it will probably be a big deal to do the pictures at a high end banquet.

Sorry that i cant help much, but this sounds like a really good idea. Good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back