Selling photos

CraigReeves

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all I have been looking it to selling my photos but don't know how to go about it can anyone help me please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid your question is just a little too vague. Where are you located, what kind of pictures, etc, etc... in general, selling non-commissioned work (for instance landscape images you have shot) is extremely difficult these days due to the heavily saturated market. Do you want to sell digital files, prints, or???

Hi all I have been looking it to selling my photos but don't know how to go about it can anyone help me please

Advertising, marketing, and salesmanship is how you sell photographs.

Step #1 is doing some research to determine if there is a market for what you are selling.
If you determine there is a market for what you are selling, set #2 is determining how much and the quality of competition that already exists in that market.
Step #3 is developing a plan to offer your photographs in such a way that you stand out from the crowd, if there is one.
In the cae of selling photographs, there is definitely a crowd

How you think your photos would use your photos determines who you would market and promote your photos to.
Would individuals buy your photos, frame them, and hang them on a wall in their home?
Would companies buy your photos for use in their advertisements?
Would art collectors buy your photos for the photo's artistic merit?

Just putting your photos online and offering them for sale won't result in very many, if any, sales.

It is estimated that 500,000,000 (1/2 billion) new photos are uploaded to the Internet every day.
To sell your photos you have to some how stand out from the cacophony of photographs on the Internet.

You could check out the stock photography market:
Microstock Agencies ? An Overview for Beginners | Yuri Arcurs
What should I shoot and what sells well? | Yuri Arcurs
Basic Stock Photography Terminology ? for Photographers | Yuri Arcurs

You cant figure out how to edit a photo, I'd focus on that before selling anything.

I'd recommend the first focus be on learning how to make a high quality photograph. Then make that high quality photograph even better using an image editing application.

There are a lot of really talented photographers out there that can't make 10 cents from selling their photos, because they have no business, sales, marketing, promotion skills.

I'd recommend the first focus be on learning how to make a high quality photograph. Then make that high quality photograph even better using an image editing application.

There are a lot of really talented photographers out there that can't make 10 cents from selling their photos, because they have no business, sales, marketing, promotion skills.
Well to be fair, I haven't seen any of his images to know how his quality is. I do know he recently asked how to do selective coloring, which speaks volumes to me.

why do you want the headache of trying to sell them?

Submit some of your images one at a time to the general gallery forum for ctritique. See if anyone likes your work. Opinions tend to be honest.

Submit some of your images one at a time to the general gallery forum for ctritique. See if anyone likes your work. Opinions tend to be honest.

Will do his thank you criticism is the best way to learn

Please take a look on my flickr and tell me what you think my flickr name is reevesy105

Ok what I'm sensing here is a lack of effort on your part.

"Hi how do I sell pictures?"
"Hey go look at my work."

Look...

There are about 8 million people on this earth who want to make money at photography. The difference between the ones that do, and the ones that don't... is effort. (with talent and luck as a sidecar) You need to want it bad enough to work really hard at it.

I only said to look at my flickr because for some criticism as I am new to the photography world

If you want feedback, you post here.

Don't ask people to come to you.

Take it to the people.

The latter is harder work, but it shows you have some skin in the game and people will respond to that... universally.

True that here is some of my work

ara8e6ug.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back