Senior Pictures

Andie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When we got my son's Senior pictures taken it would have cost more to get outside pictures, so I decided to do them on my own. These were taken with my point and shoot Sony DSC-200 7.2 mp. Now that I have my K100 I'd like to try them again, and I think the overall look might be better.

Going to use this one as the party invitation with "the writing on the wall"

coltonandwall.jpg

Photoshop'd to burn in the edges

cjweeds-workingcopy.jpg

Good overall.

I would get a little closer to him on 1, even if you do have to cut the legs off..

2 I would tweak the colors just a little.

On 3 did you just use desaturate to make it B&W? Look up some other methods on making proper b&w.. It seems a little flat.

I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to help.

hyp0rbyte said:
I'm not trying to be harsh, just trying to help.

Nope, not harsh at all! If ya can't handle criticism this is the wrong hobby, right?

I know they all need a little work. And yes, on 3 I used the destaturate, and have since found other ways to do it. I'm very new to Photoshop and am eagerly waiting to start a class on the 23rd. :)

I never was really thrilled with the pictures from the Sony, but am LOVIN’ the new Pentax.

Nice work. I like what you have done for the first one...leaving room for text. I read an article once about how some pro photographers would often leave extra space in their photos...in case they got picked to go on the cover of a magazine.

The 2nd one...I think the vignette is a little too strong. It will look better once it's in a frame though. IMO, a vignette should usually be more subtle...so that you don't really notice it's there unless you look for it.

#3 is great. Selective color is often thought of as cheesy these days...but when it's not too contrasty like this...I think it's great.

Big Mike said:
Nice work. I like what you have done for the first one...leaving room for text. I read an article once about how some pro photographers would often leave extra space in their photos...in case they got picked to go on the cover of a magazine.

The 2nd one...I think the vignette is a little too strong. It will look better once it's in a frame though. IMO, a vignette should usually be more subtle...so that you don't really notice it's there unless you look for it.

#3 is great. Selective color is often thought of as cheesy these days...but when it's not too contrasty like this...I think it's great.

Thank you!

I like the 2nd one the best. But, I have to agree that the vignette is way too overpowering. I also think more space at the bottom around his feet would've been better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back