Separate Genres?

Judi, do you use the "portfolio" aspect of 500px? in my "public" 500px page, it's all just a jumble, arranged by the date I've uploaded it. But in my portfolio page, it's more arranged like a website, with categories. I can also put stuff into the portfolio (I think) that I *haven't* yet put out in the public, to vote on.
I then use that portfolio page when someone asks me for a website. Mine is still very much a work in progress, and I really NEED to get some more content on it, but it's a start.

My *regular* 500px page is in my sig, I believe.
Here's the link to my portfolio page: Sharon Monett

(NOTE: I'm a paying member of 500px, so it's possible that the "free" accounts don't get a portfolio site…not sure)
Hey Sharon, thanks for your thoughts :)
That unfortunately neither the portfolio or any organization tools like sets isn't offered to the free accounts but I'm debating on getting a paid account. I tried my own site but I don't know, I didn't do well at getting it done and keeping it up, knowing myself I already use and know 500px and I'd likely do much better being able to transition into it being my actual portfolio. Is there a requirement for you to sell through them if you become a member or can you leave the store section closed and just use it as the portfolio? I can't seem to find that info other than for the free accounts (you can leave it off)

I don't sell through them. I've just never bothered to "enable" the store. I'm "grandfathered in" to the Awesome accounts that they had previously, so I pay the Plus price for the Awesome benefits. It's possible that the "new" Awesome accounts already have the store enabled, but I doubt it, and even if it was, I'd bet it would be easy to "disable" it.

I'm actually really planning to go with my own website at some point, but just haven't been able to find my box of motivation anywhere. :D In the meantime, the 500px portfolio is the easiest thing I've found--that I already USE--to put ONLY what I want for a portfolio, and have it look decent enough to feel comfortable giving the link out to exhibit juries and such.

All my online images are in galleries. I also have a "best of" my favourite photos gallery which is a mix of everything, I keep adding to, and removing images. It's important to just keep everything organized and with correct Id's on all the images as well.

Thanks Sharon, yeah eventually I would imagine that I'll put together a website of my own but right now I need to go by the KISS rule because I have enough on my plate already and the ducks are circling!

Imagemaker, thank you, I think that is the process I'm after but have to upgrade to get the options to do it on 500px, I think I'm close to making the decision to do the upgrade instead of making my own portfolio site to start.

Most reactions

Back