Set a date!!

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
Hello.............wanted to share that we have set a date for the wedding for November 11th and are in the thick of making plans............I have thought long and hard about this and have come to the conclusion that I don't want to run off to the carribbean to do it as we were thinking but instead I want a very intimate ceremony with family only! Which at this moment hoping I haven't forgotten anyone is at 50.:wink:

We are going to do it poolside at my sisters with a hawaiian theme for the quests....and the wedding party which will be my daughter Jamie as my matron of honor and Tom's son Patrick as his best man............my 3 granddaughters Angel, Mikayla and Jackie will be the flower girls and my grandson Nico will be the ring bearer. My two Sons Jason and Jeremy and my Father will be giving me away!! That will include all of our kids and grandkids in the ceremony!!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gonna have a hawaiian luau for the reception immediately following.......Sandals are the shoe of choice!!:mrgreen:

We have chosen our rings and will be wearing the same ring which is an intertwined style and they are simple yet beautiful!!:lovey:

Oh and my dress in on it's way!!!:heart:

Tried to get the minister who performed my mother's celebration of life ceremony last year to officiate however he has been promoted to bishop and will unfortuneately be out of town that day....Our only glitch thus far....think we will probably go with his wife!

Tom's mother who was once a florist is doing the flowers.......she did Tiny Tim's flowers when he got married on the Johnny Carson show....if you remember that! She is quite talented!!:thumbup:

Tom's niece Nichole.....who is a professional make-up artist..... is doing my and Jamie's make-up!:thumbup:

Boy I'm getting so excited!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Oh, a BIG congrats to you, Carolyn! It sounds just wonderful. :love:

I think everyone will have a blast, and it will be as lovely and memorable as you want it to be. I already can't wait till you show us the pictures! :lol:

:hug::

Yay! :hugs: That's sounds like it's gonna be fun! :D

That sounds just perfect! I can't wait to see photos and hear more details as the date gets closer!

So how are you going to get married AND photograph the ceremony at the same
time?? :D ;)

Congratulations. You will love the intimate, small wedding. I think we had 10 people
at ours. 10 years and going strong.

Enjoy it!!

Holy Toledo, it's all coming together so nicely! Sounds like an awesome, and memorable, event-in-the-making. The next 3 months are just gonna fly by. Can't wait to see the pictures. :hug::

Oohhhh, congrats on setting the date!

Are you both going to write your own vows? I can't wait to hear how about how it goes and also to see the pictures!

Your mum had a celebration of life ceremony? Forgive me for my ignorance with this following question but....did she pass away and this is the kind of ceremony that was performed, to celebrate her life? Or is she still strutting her stuff here on earth and decided to hold it to celebrate her life so far?

I'm excited for ya and your lucky hubby-to-be! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

whoa! Pgirly! First of all I want to tell you that November 11 is a great date! I mean... it is.. Independance day in Poland :D so I'll be celebrating both :D

aaaaannnnddd.... are we (as TPF of course) invited? :D:D:D:D:D
cool! what should I wear? :D:D:D j/k :D

Luminosity said:
Oohhhh, congrats on setting the date!

Are you both going to write your own vows? I can't wait to hear how about how it goes and also to see the pictures!

Your mum had a celebration of life ceremony? Forgive me for my ignorance with this following question but....did she pass away and this is the kind of ceremony that was performed, to celebrate her life? Or is she still strutting her stuff here on earth and decided to hold it to celebrate her life so far?

I'm excited for ya and your lucky hubby-to-be! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Yes Lumi, I think we will write our own vows!

And Mom did pass away last August 22nd and instead of a funeral we held a celebration of her life.....and we all wore pink (her favorite color) She was/is a wonderful woman and had a very colorful and wonderful life and loved to party so we partied. It was great. I still miss her quite a bit!!

Thanks Lumi!!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

mentos_007 said:
whoa! Pgirly! First of all I want to tell you that November 11 is a great date! I mean... it is.. Independance day in Poland :D so I'll be celebrating both :D

aaaaannnnddd.... are we (as TPF of course) invited? :D:D:D:D:D
cool! what should I wear? :D:D:D j/k :D

Yay..we picked a great date!!! And you should wear something Hawaiian oh Mintily gorgeous one!!

Thanks everyone!!!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

And I forgot to mention...It's in San Diego....where we both grew up and where most of our family lives still!! Should be beautiful weather! It's all coming together very nicely!!:lovey:

Thanks again!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back