Shoot i did at beach for a local family.

atmsanchez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are just some, i think these girls have modeling in their futures
3815693525_84e6a7f5e4_b.jpg

3816506040_54d24aa378_b.jpg

3816506516_95c40815fe_b.jpg

3815695537_7755175899_b.jpg

Love them all.

I think i like (1) the best than the last one.

I do feel the last one has your subjects to small. This is a crop i did of it.

Your profile did not have a preference for editing your photos so if you want me to get rid of it PM me.

What is with the haloing, oversharpening, or tweaking of shadows/highlights?

What is with the haloing, oversharpening, or tweaking of shadows/highlights?

I agree, came down with the bad case of the halo's. The first one I can see random brush marks mid upper left of the picture. The lighting shadow cast on the tree from the subject is crucial...strange lighting. off camera right? In this case on camera would've worked better to not throw the shaddow.

Love them all.

I think i like (1) the best than the last one.

I do feel the last one has your subjects to small. This is a crop i did of it.

Your profile did not have a preference for editing your photos so if you want me to get rid of it PM me.

i like the crop it looks good.

thanks for the comments i take it all in to get better, yes it was off camera flash.

#1 #2 I don't like the composition of the first two. Too centered in the frame, too much useless space on either side and above the girls. You cut the toes off of the first one as well. Not a huge thing, but I tend to like head/shoulder shots, 3/4 shots (might thigh and up) and full body shots.

They also seem a little flat, could probably use some levels and saturation in ps

#3 is more interesting as an image, better composed and looks good overall. Would of loved to see her smile more though

#4 I like the crop that Opher did more than the original. Nice image overall though, family on one side, birds/city on the other side.

Good for you for using the supplimental light.

The shadows would not be so hard if the source was much larger, like bounced from an umbrella or from a softbox. I know that can be tough to do at the beach because of wind.

It is also confusing to the eye when the additional light comes from an angle different from the natural light.

Lastly, the forum requests, "the photo should already be sized down for forum viewing, no more than 600 pixels high, or 800 wide."

thanks for the comments, i know i still have trouble getting away from centering to much.

They all seem a tad bit washed-out, in my opinion. 2 and 3 have some loose hairs that I find distracting. As mentioned, 4 needs a crop. Centering needs to leave. Other than that, they're good.

(Sorry if all that seemed too blunt or whatever, I'm tired...)

Most reactions

Back