Shooting furniture on white seemless

MikeAldrich

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I've been having some frustration shooting some furniture on white seemless. Some of the collections I've been shooting have been worse than others but basically the darker stuff is reflecting a lot of light off it. If I were leaving these images on the white seemless backgrounds it would be so much of an issue, but I'm pulling the product off the background and setting it into another. the result is very unnatural when image is put in the new background. The last group I photographed, I had to put black moving blankets around the item to block out the reflections. It worked alright but it was a pain in the butt and I still wasn't able to get rid of all the reflections in the areas I wanted. There has to be an easier way, would it make sense to shoot on black seemless for these type of items. It seems to only be this finish that is giving me problems so far.

This is a sample of my issues and solutions. The side of the dresser and the top were white so I added in the blankets to get rid of the reflection.

$DSC_2843.JPG

Here is the end result. You can still see the reflection along the bottom of the front side and a little of the bottom left side.

$82236-38-SIENNA.jpg

I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Add more contrast to that section? Slightly darken it too.

I'd almost use a medium gray so you get less cast off.

What are you using for lights/modifiers ?

Cheers, Don

Hey Don, I'm using Impact strobes with softboxes.

How big are the soft boxes ?

I find the larger the better :)

Can you give us a step back shot of your setup ?

If the side of that cabinet is "white" you are either blowing it out or your light is at the wrong angle.

Do you have enough heads to light the background separately ?

Cheers, Don

Most reactions

New Topics

Back