bengtb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoandpictures.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
6223662.2e4e2874.560.jpg

Hmmm, to fully critique this image, I would want to know what its intended purpose was, however that notwithstanding, a few thoughts:

Exposure: Some issues here due to the strong light coming in through the background windows. This has caused blown/nearly blown areas on the floor, and very deep shadows image left FG as well as image right. It's a tough situation, and do a good job, you would have needed at least two strobes, but I suspect it can be improved a great deal by some levels/curves adjusting.

Composition: Not really working for me. There are actually a number of interesting elements here, but the eye is immediately drawn to the bright patch on the floor, which is framed by the people on each side and there seems to be no main subject.

Conversion: This again I think could use a little more work in post. Overall it's rather mid-tone rich, lacking any real black or white.

Overall, I think there are some possibilities here, especially if you can do a reshoot without the taxi in the background. I think a shallower DoF to render the windows and street scene more softly focused and less distracting would have helped, and, as always, don't forget to level your images.

Hope that helps. Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Apart from the lack of a defined subject (my eye wanders over it once then is bored...you should try to captivated your viewer), you need more contrast. Right now you have a photo that is mostly grey with a couple blown-out spots. A B&W photo should have both of those two, BLACK & WHITE. A nice, dull shade of grey is boring and unappealing. Try to stop down 1 or so stops and see what kind of contrast you get then.

This B&W pic needs less W. :p Adjusting the levels to balance the darks with the whites might help.

Most reactions

Back