Shots at Dusk

fsquare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Packed up the gear and headed out after work. It's getting colder out there so trying to take advantage. C&C Is always welcome. I was trying to get multiple exposures along with some long exposures but forgot my shutter release at home so many of the multiple exposure / future HDR renditions went down the tubes. Both shots were taken with a D300s and a Nikon 10-24mm lens.

1. A little history behind this building. Inaugurated in 1847, Marché Bonsecours is acknowledged as one of Canada's ten finest heritage buildings and has become an essential stop on any visit to Old Montréal. Headquarters of the Conseil des métiers d'art du Québec (Québec Crafts Council), the Marché houses 15 boutiques featuring top-quality “made in Québec” creations: crafts, fashions, accessories and jewellery, design items, reproduction Quebec furniture and more. Its restaurants and their terraces are opened during warm weather and offer local fare. You can even share a meal in the 17th century ambiance of the famous Cabaret du Roy. There are ongoing exhibitions of contemporary arts and crafts, with free admission.

6513656201_8a6999ac03_o.jpg

2. The Docks around Old Montreal

6513624185_c33f83e527_o.jpg

wow! I don't know enough to find anything technically wrong with either.

but, as a viewer, those are gorgeous !

on that second, is there a filter you are using to get that look on the lights?

Thanks naptime...no i didn't use any filters for either image. For #2 i did hardly any post processing.

awesome!! love seeing old montreal... i lived in pointe-claire for about 3 months back in 2000.

Wow, my daughter goes to daycare in Pointe-Claire. Not too far from where I live.

Thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back