Should I buy or not buy?

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I am looking for a lens for my Nikon and found one on eBay(I know hardly anyone likes eBay) And its a very in expensive lens, but I have been into photography for less than a year and I am only 14 so I cant afford to get anything more expensive(shouldn't have bought Leman Brothers stock). So would this be a good lens?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Promaster-28-210mm-AF-Lens-For-Nikon-SLR-Cameras-NEW_W0QQitemZ330201625484QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330201625484&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I would mainly use it for sport and outdoor photography like football and snowboarding. So any information would be very helpful.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just make sure if theres something wrong with it you can take it back and make sure there a warranty and test it out as soon as you get it.

in a few words, No, this is not a good lens. Save up a bit more and look for used nikon lenses or at least Sigma or Tamron, but I would not touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.

yea it is a sigma made lens but a promaster name, like ford, mercury, and lincon. Also I can return for full price within 7 days and it has a life time warranty. But what should I save up for? every forum I am on people say I should get the 700 nikors.

I know you only have about $150 to spend but you should seriously, NOT, buy this lens. You want to take some action photos like snowboarding and skating? You might want to consider something of more quality. If I were you, I would consider buying this

$150 Sigma 55-200mm f/4-5.6 DC HSM for Nikon DSLR Cameras
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-55-200mm-4-5-6-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000SXO924/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1223190084&sr=8-4[/ame]

Also, with this order, you get free shipping and probably No Tax :) from a reputable company; amazon.com

You are going to be taking some action shots so you might not be up-close and personal with your subject. There might not be too much of a need for a wide angle lens. You probably can get that covered with your kit lens; assuming you have one of those 18-55mm lenses.

Just my 2bit suggestions.

Looks more like a Tokina or Tamron than a sigma.
Trust me, save up and buy better glass you will not regret it. I would take a used Nikon lens over this any day.

I'm still new myself and on a tight budget so I kinda feel your pain. Snowboarding season is just around the corner and I can't wait; got my board waxed and ready to go. Don't forget to do some research on taking care of you lens in cold weather.

Hmmm, snowboarding in Ohio? I didn't know you all had any mountains there.

Yea there is like one park in NE Ohio were my schools skii club goes. Its called Boston Mills, theres hardly any mountians here but this one was man made. And I skii im horible at snowboarding and I made a topic in a other section of this forum about the cold. I just need more batteries and let it cool down and warm up slowley to prevent condensation.(just a little off topic)

Last edited:
I will also tell you to that even though he says money back can cause problems on ebay. Then you done spent your money and have a crapy lens. Also if you notice he says fits nikon cameras but not nikon d40 d40x which it may very well not but i dont know that much bout lens and bodies yet. Although he does have 100 percent feedback I would always talk to a local camera guy over a lens on ebay.... Best of luck to ya man on getting a new lens soon.

We all want that new toy but somtimes its just better to wait a little longer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back