Side Lighting

Reaction score
Website
www.bhtj.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I'd like it better if I could see my left eye. What are your thoughts?

C+C?

OTE

farright.jpg

I agree...or at least if there was a a catch light in your let eye. The way it is now, it almost looks like you don't have an eye at all.

Well, you did a good job with what you had. The exposure is great and the focus looks quite sharp. I like the composition with the negative space.

If I wasn't stuck at work I'd try cropping it even closer to my face on the right side. So that I still had all the negative space on the left, but cut more of my face out.

That much negative space doesn't work for me unless there's something else in the image to support it. It's different when you are leaving room above someone who is crouched and ready to jump, or if you are emphasizing something that's missing and would expect to be there, but in this case, it's just black off to the side of your face. For me it distracts.

For the lighting, I think you did a good job with just the desk lamp. A reflector on the other side might have added enough light for your other eye. Even just opening up a large hardcover and standing it upright might do it.

That eye the way it looks now is a bit disconcerting, I say, and I agree with Mark on the empty space ... to my mind the photo is not balanced the way it is.

But what distracts me most here is the shadow of your nose!
Actually that is THE element here that I don't like at all (sorry).

Most reactions

Back