Sigma 70-200 2.8

flyin-lowe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If it is still available there is a Sigma 70-200 2.8 with the IS (OS for sigma) for sale near me. It was listed for sale for under $900.00 which as we all know is significantly cheaper then the Canon version. I know that the image quality is not as good as the Canon but if I can get it bought right I will likely pull the trigger. Just curious if any of you guys have this lens and if so what do you think. I had been kicking around getting the Canon f4 non IS as it is in my budget. I am assuming that the Sigma 2.8 IS would be a step up from the Canon f4 non IS. The paper listing describes the lens as "Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM OS FLD" I know the OS is image stabilization, not sure what everything else means.

I still consider myself a newbie but I just purchased a new 60D and plan on doing a lot more photography with my children and some wildlife stuff in the future.

If it is still available there is a Sigma 70-200 2.8 with the IS (OS for sigma) for sale near me. It was listed for sale for under $900.00 which as we all know is significantly cheaper then the Canon version. I know that the image quality is not as good as the Canon but if I can get it bought right I will likely pull the trigger. Just curious if any of you guys have this lens and if so what do you think. I had been kicking around getting the Canon f4 non IS as it is in my budget. I am assuming that the Sigma 2.8 IS would be a step up from the Canon f4 non IS. The paper listing describes the lens as "Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM OS FLD" I know the OS is image stabilization, not sure what everything else means.

I still consider myself a newbie but I just purchased a new 60D and plan on doing a lot more photography with my children and some wildlife stuff in the future.

I just bought one for my Nikon, but it won't arrive for a few days at least - I can give you a full review once it does assuming you have a few days to wait. Oh, look for a post on the forum called "Alphabet Soup" - it's only a couple of days old, someone posted a description of all the abbreviations Sigma uses and what they mean.

When I was buying, I compared the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L to the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8. The image quality of the Sigma wasn't quite as good as the Canon, but it was damn close.

If you can do an "A/B" comparison, I think you might be surprised at how well the Sigma actually measures up...

The lens is still available but I think right now with Christmas and all I am going to pass. Wish I had some extra cash just laying around but I figure I should pay off some other stuff first. Sucks trying to be responsible from time to time. If anybody is interested the lens is in the Cincinnati area. Its listed in a local paper and on craigslist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back