Sigma 70-200mm f2.8

jie25zel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im planning to buy sigma 70-200mm f2.8 for my D-70. Is it a good brand? Anybody tried this lense? let me know your opinion.

Thanks

It's a brand just like any other brand really - they make average lenses, good ones and very good ones. This is one of the very good ones. The optical quality is excellent, and the build quality very good, considering the price. I used an older version; now it has HSM focus and a closer focusing distance it should be even better.

I have that lens. A wonderful piece of equipment. Heavy as hell, but that much glass and such a good build quality come at a price, i guess.

wow, I should get this one because a like natural light this one has a lot of light. Thank you guys

Been using one for some time now and well pleased - sharp and quiet in focusing. Good perch for the birds as you will see on the left!

Hi, I own the sigma 10-20. I can tell you Sigma is a very good brand. In fact, my $450 10-20 feels more sturdy than my $750 nikkor 18-200VR.

Hi, I own the sigma 10-20. I can tell you Sigma is a very good brand. In fact, my $450 10-20 feels more sturdy than my $750 nikkor 18-200VR.

Comparing a Sigma 10-20mm vs the Nikkor 18-200 is really comparing apples and oranges. I happen to own both as well. Each has it's spot in my bag.

As for the Sigma brand, they are good but they have one small weak area, and thats quality consistancy. Every now and then, they release a lens that has bad front or back focus issues and needs to be sent in for adjustment.

Luckily, none of my Sigma lenses do this, but if you want to check, it's pretty easy if you download and follow the instructions at:

http://FocusTestChart.com

Overall, I am very happy with my Sigma lenses, and this one looks to be good as well. For D40's, you have to choose HSM models or focus them yourselves manually.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back