sigma lens

gryphonslair99 - Thanks for the tip on the stats software. I downloaded something called "Smart Photo Statistics" and now i can say for sure that my craving for a wide-angle lens is scientifically proven. ;)
Almost %50 of my shooting is done at the 17mm end of my 17-55 f2.8.

Until they put a HSM motor in those lenses, I will avoid them like the plague. The Sigma focusing mechanism is slow. Watching paint dry slow. I had the 24-70 f/2.8 EX DG for about a day before I traded it in. Even in good light the AF is hunting. Low-light was near unbearable. Price is great, IQ was ok.

The focusing in mine is quite fast without HSM but then one review indicated that for some reason the Canon autofocus is slower.

skieur

The focusing in mine is quite fast without HSM but then one review indicated that for some reason the Canon autofocus is slower.

skieur

Since I have shot the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 and own the Canon 24-70 f2.8L I would have say that the reviewer must have done his tests after lunch. A 6 martini lunch :lol: because I will disagree with that review from my tests.

Since I have shot the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 and own the Canon 24-70 f2.8L I would have say that the reviewer must have done his tests after lunch. A 6 martini lunch :lol: because I will disagree with that review from my tests.

So soylent green is saying it is slow without HSM and you seem to be saying it is fast. Well, if you both have Canons, you can't both be right....unless I am missing something. :lol:

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back