Sikh Protest

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woo hoo..finally got to shoot a protest. Not sure of the details about this protest. On one side of the street people from India were celebrating the 60th anniversary, with dancing, music, and a parade, but across from that was this protest. Everything stayed peaceful :)
Please forgive my lack of knowledge on this one.

Anyways..this is my first attempt at a protest.

DPP_002aa.jpg

DPP_009aa.jpg

DPP_010aa.jpg

DPP_013aa.jpg

This was a tough catch...he dropped the flag here...
DPP_021aa.jpg

Then proceeded to step on it.
DPP_022aa.jpg

Kids were there as well. I always wonder if they really know why they are protesting.
DPP_020aa.jpg

DPP_018aa.jpg

DPP_014aa.jpg

I really like the "arrest" and "release" in the last photo

:clap: Way to go, Carl, on your venture into PJ! The protest does indeed look pretty peaceful, with the little kid having the most expressive face in this series. Quick work to capture the drop and disrespecting of the flag, and it really pops in the series that those are the only two pics in colour. Good eye to get the juxtaposition of the 'arrest' and 'release' signs in the last shot.

Thanks so much for your comments. I appreciate them.

Danalec...your absolutely right man. This pretty much went un-noticed. I thought it was strange that they had just ripped a flag in half, and this guy started to roll it up. I honesly thought he was goingto set it on fire. Ya know..you get those feelings. I guess with all the police there, he thought different.
Thanks again.

Excellent series of photos. Absolutley tells the story.

No. 2 is a killer shot. Top notch work.

Technically, the shots appear light on my screen. Maybe more contrast? But, that could just be me.

Thanks so much Rick. I appreciate your comments. I edit on an old laptop so between that and my bad eyes, ....
I will play with the contrast. Thanks again bro.

The picture of the kid stands out the most for me.
I find it very interesting that the tshirt says 'Nike'.
Especially while everyone else is dressed more traditionally.

Kinda sad actually.

Great series.
Thanks Chiller

Most reactions

Back