Simone Martini Shoot

flipstylephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flipstyle.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple from a shoot this past weekend with a girl from MM.

It was my first using the "strobist" method of lighting. I used a 430EX Speedlite with a shoot through umbrella. No electrical in the park for my strobes! I felt lost...lol. On the list next is the portable power;)

280051379_Usw9p-XL.jpg

280051233_8UkhN-XL.jpg

280051484_cMpoy-XL.jpg

I did a little sphere action with these two, but think I'm going to remove. Not happy with it really.
280049524_g8yVE-XL.jpg

280049644_eRB32-XL.jpg

280049968_N5k4L-L.jpg

280050619_pYX9n-L.jpg

Still learning! Thanks for looking. C&C much appreciated.

flip

3 is my least favorite due to the colors and the pose

The shadow in the last one ruins it and the lighting washes her face out

Also some of the poses look quite unnatural and uncomfortable

Overall though I love the color saturation and for the most part they are quite good

Number 2 is my favorite

the first two look really good to me, classic strobe lit shots with nice soft light but good detail...I'd prob still boost the contrast slightly. #3 the angle is not flattering to her and it's quite flat....the next two definitely don't flatter although the lighting is okay....next, disembodied hand a definite no no and agree with the previous comment on the last. Pretty good effort though!

in 4 and 5 i dont think the angle works well. her arms and stomach in 4 are really accentuated in a bad way and what's the bulge between her knees?

i love the 6th shot her eyes look great! some people might not like the scar by her eyebrow but i like the flaw.

the model looks a little dark in the last shot.

agreed the shadow in the last does take from it, and the one right above that is my favorite. for some reason, I'm just thinking darker blue skies, or just more saturation in the colors overall, and pull some blacks through a lil more... but that's just me.

actually, you know what, I'm starting to like the first one, the way the bushes enclose her such. get more blues and greens in that though, and the vignette just looks a bit awkard. and a light from behind her, enchancing the ages, could also look awesome.

by the way i like your style, lulz. i just read your sig about disposables, I tell everyone the same thing...

1 and 6.... love them. I don't know what the "strobist" method is :(. Yeah, I'm that new.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back