sister

thomash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

any comments on this picture I took of my sister playing the violin today are welcome.

4820.jpg

thanks,
Thomas

I find the background really distracting. It also kind of bothers me that she is missing an arm. At first when scrolling down to see it, I didn't like that her face was out of focus, but once I can see the whole thing and see the focus on the hands, I do kind of like the effect. The black and white tones are very nice.

exactly, the background is distracting however I will leave the piano there, it makes a better sense to the whole photo. Try to get rid of a picture on the wall behind your sister and all those things on the piano. I like the effects with focus.

Great selective focus here. Cleaning up the background would make it stronger in my opinion.

I kinda like this picture BUT it is a little difficult to tell what your subject is: it could be the hand touching the violin, because its in focus, but then its right in the middle of the frame and its very small compared to your sister. Your sister also pretends to be the subject as she is well positioned according to the 9-zone grid, and she takes up 1/2 the frame but she isnt in focus and her right hand is cropped out.
I would say if you wanted to focus attention on the hand touching the strings on the violin, you shouldve blurred the background more, maybe underexposed by 1/3 a stop and changed the angle so that less of your sister would get to be a part of the picture and the background would just look like a bunch of abstract shapes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back