Sky in Forest problems

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm having a 'haloing' problem in these hdr images. The sky doesn't seem to come out quite right and light areas occur around the ends of the branches. I keep messing with the strength and saturation in photomatrix and it seems to help. But in cs2 I can't figure out how to even things out. At first I thought I'm trying the wrong technique in the wrong application (hdr with sky broken up in too many directions), but comparing these with single exposure shots, the hdr is far and away superior.

Am I looking in the right direction?- (strength/saturation in photomatrix) or can the border/halo problem be dealt with in cs2, or at all?

1 of 3)
600trail.jpg

2 of 3)
600pktrees.jpg

3 of 3)
600tgtm.jpg

When I do tone mapping on photomatix. I play around with the light smoothing and microcontrast level. I usualy have the light smoothing medium or high and I have the microcontrast low. The halo effect is coused by the microcontrast.

Remi M. said:
When I do tone mapping on photomatix. I play around with the light smoothing and microcontrast level. I usualy have the light smoothing medium or high and I have the microcontrast low. The halo effect is coused by the microcontrast.

Thanks! Things look different in the tone mapping preview and I was going all over the place. Now I have a starting point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back