Snowy lane

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for any input or thoughts. Composition straight from the camera. Exposure, contrast and clarity adjusted in Lightroom and PS.

I'm not sure the horizon is actually tilted. The tree to the left makes it feel that way so I adjusted for this.

Looks great but I'd straighten out your horizon a bit, currently a lean to the right.
How did you come to that conclusion?
There is nothing in the image to give any clue as to where the true horizon should be. Trees are rarely exactly perpendicular and in the image some lean left and some lean right so in all probability the image is pretty close to level.

I don't know if it's the right approach, but I went away from trying to have a perfectly level photo from a technical perspective. Often times my pictures feel tilted even with the horizon perfectly horizontal or with the use of other indicators (maybe in camera level). I like the second picture a lot, and it feels more balanced to me, even though the picture in the first post might or might not be more level.

Nice image but the blown out snow along the road is a distraction for me. Might pull back the highlights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back