So... D800 trying to compete with the medium format DSLRs?

I am thinking that isn't 100% accurate. I think there are leads on the silicon to which the pins are physically attached, otherwise it'd be difficult to ensure that the columns aren't being attached to the rows and the rows aren't in contact with the columns. Usually these leads are splayed out in a fan pattern.

I could be wrong. I just I kind of thought your nonchalant way of putting it was a bit funny.

Either way, without a medium format sensor, it's a small format camera in my mind, no matter how many pixels they cram in there.

Since we are discussing Nikon Rumors.. has anyone heard or seen anything on the new version of the Nikkor 200mm Macro lens that Nikon is "supposed" to be releasing? :)

So as a relative newbie, my impression that the main benefit of a high pixel count sensor is for making larger prints.

What is a good rule of thumb for the largest art-quality print that one could consistently make using a 16 MP sensor image?

Thanks,

Gallery quality is usually considered to be at 300ppi, at this pitch you'll get around 16x11".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back