So, I go to my banking sight yesterday and guess what?

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
My savings account had a hold on it for $888,888.88! :gah:

Obviously I did not have anywhere near that much in a regular savings account. And then to make matters worse they would not answer any questions through their online chat. Said I had to go into a branch with ID to get answers. I am about 5,500 miles away from the nearest branch!! After chattting for a while they finally said I could call.

After all said and done it was the banks doing not someone getting into the account. It was their way of getting my attention because I had not been answering my phone (again I am 5,500 miles from my nearest cell tower). It was their security departments way of getting my attention. I had made a couple inside bank online transfers into the account using overseas IP's and they put a security tag on the account. I guess after so long not calling them they pulled the lets get his attention bit. :er:

They got my attention alright.

:lmao: Doesn't seem like the most professional way of getting your attention, but I guess it worked!

I bet you were a little frightened when you saw that!!

I can see the person in the bank's security going a little crazy seeing your activity. Then noticing that you personally were not responding. I would be happy to see them suspending activity until you personally responded, even if there was some irritation caused.

You should have just claimed it!!!

I always call my bank before I am leaving the country so they don't get all panicky when I use my card overseas. Once I was driving from Detroit to Buffalo and stopped in Canada for gas, my bank called within 30min to check if I was the one using the card.

I would have thought someone used my information to buy to large chimera softboxes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back