Soft color baby portraits... laughing and crying

I agree with you all... but it's not my place to tell someone else what they want. I like the full color version, or the black and white which turns out I like the most!

Her idea was to make the hair stand out (not that it wouldn't anyway it's flaming red) :lol:

Mysteryscribe that's exactly what I did to the repost - I like it alot.

I tried to nudge her in the direction of more color or no color for the boy... but she loves the soft hair with everything else B&W. It's alright - it's why some people drive "look at me yellow" hummers... we all have different tastes.

Thanks for the input!

Thanks

neogfx said:
I don't mind selective colouring if you select the right areas to have in colour. Image 2 for example is superb. I absolutely love it.
The other 2 images just look a bit strange to me with the hair coloured against the b&w facial features.

I agree with you. I love the coloring in #2 and the other two are just alittle off. If it would of been his shirt only then it would look better.

However that said, I love these photos!!!!!!!!!!

Big Mike said:
I'm also not a fan of the selective coloring...by leaving the child's face without color, it makes him look lifeless...like a creepy doll or something. But as you said...the customer is always right.

hahaah I see what you mean I thought that too but I think the parents proabably wanted one liek that because his hair color is so pretty. You make me laugh!

i dont like the selective coloring..he looks eerie!! lol..BUT cute shots, really love the last one. Reminds me of a shoot i did where teh 1 1/2 yr old wouldnt cooperate and ended up in a huge crying fit, so i just kept shooting and that's the pictures the parents ordered...and put in their christmas cards...they thought they were hysterical!

Most reactions

Back