Some jobs cost more than others

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
Well.... I shot one building on Saturday morning, and was killing time till the sun moved around for the afternoon shot.

yikes-1.jpg

Some kid got tired of waiting and pulled into traffic. The Honda wagon in the middle is me. All this was out-of-state.

Oh well.

Ouch...I hope there weren't any injuries.

Oh maaaaan! Am thrilled to hear that no one was hurt, and that your equipment is okay, but what a colossal pain in the butt to have an out-of-state fender bender.

Ouch!

Glad you and the equipment are okay!

Wow, good thing you had your camera with you to take pictures for proof. Insurance companies are trying harder not to pay for their clients mistakes.

Sorry to hear about your car.

sorry for my non-americanness but why is it bad to have an 'out of state crash' ?? dont mean to hi-jack the thread but im curious :D

nice, sadly there really is not much that can be done about idiots behind the wheel.

It's kinda relieving for me to see this in a weird way. With my attempted progress into other forms of photography and limmited sucess, It is a bit of a relief seeing my kind of subject done by a Photograher.

I hate to say it but it's likely the insurance company will total the Honda out.

Got any shots of the right side and rear end?

I hate to say it but it's likely the insurance company will total the Honda out.

Got any shots of the right side and rear end?

Oh, yeah... I'd be amazed if they try to fix it. It's an older car with a bunch of miles. It would have turned over 200K in a few more weeks. Sadly, it's nearly impossible to find a Honda wagon. I really liked the car. My fear is the insurance company won't offer me enough to get a suitable replacement.

I do have more shots of the crash. I don't have them on this drive, but will upload some more later.

sorry for my non-americanness but why is it bad to have an 'out of state crash' ?? dont mean to hi-jack the thread but im curious :D

No problem. Traffic laws vary slightly from state to state. In fact, the laws governing procedures for auto insurance can differ too. For instance, here in Illinois, the opposing insurance companies can decide how much fault will be assigned to each driver. I should be fine in this case, since the driver who pulled into traffic was the only one ticketed.

Right now, my biggest concern is storage on my car. It was towed to a local shop and they are charging storage until this gets sorted out. I suspect the fee is at least $30/day (maybe more), so the bill is surely over $300 by now. It's my car, so I'm responsible for this. This is one more expense to work out with the insuance company in the settlement.

Wow! I can't beleive how much your laws differ from state to state! it's amazing.

Besides the fact that we only have 8 states here in Australia - and we're the same size as america - so we don't really cross state borders all that often. But wow... that's ridiculous about laws changing that much.

I'm sure we've got something like that that's similar here.... just can't think of it right now... ah well.

Wow! I can't beleive how much your laws differ from state to state! it's amazing.

Well... traffic laws don't differ a BUNCH, but there are subtle nuances that can make a body anxious when a problem arises. One can reasonably expect to drive cross-county without incident. It's just when you have a problem that such differences become a concern.

Here in Canada, there are also some small differences from province to province. One of the most annoying things is when you want to purchase a vehicle in one province and register it in another. When you go to register and out-of-province vehicle, you must have a safety inspection done and it's a lot more stringent than it needs to be. I've heard that your brakes and tires have to have less than 10% wear on them...which means that most vehicles would need new tires and brakes.

Most reactions

Back