Some opinion please.

_Onlettinggo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a friend who is selling this lens for 300$, it's in very good condition. Im curious as to what other people have to say as to if it is worth it or not. Or how much people like this lens from their own personal use.

Currently the only lens I have is my kit 18-55mm lens and a Canon 75-300mm(Which Im trying to sell if anyone wants to pm me)

If you have an 18-55 you will need the 17-50 like a third nostril.

Look, think of lenses like wrenches... there are different sizes, and you will need them for different jobs. What are you shooting right now, and what can't you shoot because your current set of lenses stop you? Then go fill that void.

The lens you point to is good, but do you need it?

well I don't think i really stick to a particular type of photography so my kit lens was a good start for that. So I figured upgrading it with a faster one would be beneficial.

Then go for it - there is something to be said for pushing your existing style through improved gear... but then sell the kit lens, not the long one.

FWIW, I ordered the 17-50 as my first lens and am anxiously awaiting it! I knew I didn't want a kit lens as I wanted to start with a higher quality lens. I think you'd do well do sell the kit and get that one, but what do I know lol. :)

I have that same lens for my Sony A700 and love it. It's considerable faster than the kit lens and should yield better results...but as IronFlatline said get rid of your 18-55 if you decide to buy this one.

Most reactions

Back