Some pics for my business.

So that automatically makes the leather worth more money?

I know that's a smartass question, but come on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work and some amazing watches.

I absolutely love that Panerai watch. If you were selling watches though I have something for you to think about. I looked through the photos in reverse and with only the first two images I had no idea what kind of watch the Panerai was (I have never heard of the maker). As you only sell the bands I guess that doesn't matter but it is something to think about :)

So that automatically makes the leather worth more money?

I know that's a smartass question, but come on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a smartass question at all. Leather straps that are mass produced are not made that well and use cheap material. Half the time they don't fit well either. They use unknown fillers and in one case even used cardboard. I would say 85% or more switch the stock straps their watches came with as soon as they get them. Again this is not the everyday guy that buys a watch but rather the watch enthusiasts and collector. The guy that wants the very best. The one who knows quality and high end products.

Also yes the leather is worth more money as well. I source only the best leather from one of the best tanneries in the world. They are all handmade and custom fit to your wrist. This takes time just as any custom product does.
Put it in the same terms as photography. Yes you can give anyone a point and shoot or you can have a pro take your photos. What will cost more and what will the end product be worth?

Not bad images, I like a lot of the environments you chose to display your watches in. Next time you may want to adjust the hands to keep from covering any brand names, and perhaps look into using some white cards to keep reflections off of the crystal. It can be difficult to achieve but worth it for tack sharp faces!

Not bad images, I like a lot of the environments you chose to display your watches in. Next time you may want to adjust the hands to keep from covering any brand names, and perhaps look into using some white cards to keep reflections off of the crystal. It can be difficult to achieve but worth it for tack sharp faces!

Thank you for the tip. I like the white card idea.

This just may be me but the presentation of a watch appeals more if the '12' position is say plus or minus 30 degrees from vertical. I feel like I want to read the time. I end up distracted instead of enjoying the picture. The quality of the pictures is great.

Set your time to either 10:10 or 1:50:

7107053799_36f6ceff5c_c.jpg

It gives the shot a degree of balance. Here's a watch set at 1:50:

2662007660_1268c772a4_o.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with the 10:10 or 1:50 comment above. The erratic placement of the hands was an immediate distraction. Otherwise these are very nice images.

Question: Are these photos composites or single shots?

Most reactions

Back