some portraits CC please

platano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some of these posted on my site.. what do you think??
aidasite.jpg

oscarfinger.jpg

oasisbw.jpg

mama.jpg

Well, the third of these four jumps out at me the most in so far as it is the poorest composed one of this little series. I find, composition went overboard with this one, and unless you care to reshoot, you'd need to crop the hell out of this one to still make it work. Sorry to sound so harsh about it. But not only is the horizon crooked, the subject is the smallest part of your frame, which is dominated by the bright sky above the tree line, loads of space around her, she being a minor event happening in some low corner, as it were. Lighting looks ok, and her smile's nice, she has something to flaunt to - make that the real subject. Not the sky, tree line, water, and all that is around her. Though I do like the leading lines given by the walkway... work with that!

The first looks underexposed though her skin might not be. I'm not fond of "up the nose" points of view, they're rarely flattering.

I'd have placed the boy somewhat further right inside the frame to give him some more room to look into.

The last one seems the most interesting, though a reflector would have helped bring out some more of his face, which now is quite dark against the very bright background. And the eyes look a little lifeless but there'd be little you could have done about that, given he looks toward what he's doing. Maybe including that into the frame would have given the photo some more life?

The last one seems the most interesting, though a reflector would have helped bring out some more of his face, which now is quite dark against the very bright background. And the eyes look a little lifeless but there'd be little you could have done about that, given he looks toward what he's doing. Maybe including that into the frame would have given the photo some more life?

I think that it is a woman... LOL!

Because of that shell sticker in his/her ear! That did throw me, I must admit, but only a little. Still think about that person as "he" until the OP tells me otherwise ;).

LOL.. well that is my Grandmother.. so yeah.. its a woman..

Right then. She.
I repent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back